Thursday 9 February 2012

Personal Training Business - Sell For The Long Term

Quick question! Do you sell 10 packs? I remember when I first started in Personal Training 10 packs were all the rage. Getting someone to commit to 10 sessions with you was awesome and more often than not they paid up-front in cash!! As a new Personal Trainer in the industry getting 500 bucks in the hand seemed like a great achievement. It wasn't until years later that I asked myself WHY am I only selling 10 sessions at a time?

Was it because I was not comfortable asking for more commitment and money than that?

Was it because I was letting my own financial situation affect what I thought others could afford or would be prepared to pay?

Was it because I did not have a direct debit system set up and was fearful clients would not be able to afford more than 10 session at a time?

Was it because it was what everyone else was doing?

Fast forward 9 years and I can no longer see the sense in having the "10 Pack" as my staple product, and I look back at the early days and think about all of the money I lost during my "10 Pack" period!!

Here's my 3 reasons why I believe the 10 Pack product should not be your main product!

Most clients will not be able to achieve their goal in 10 sessions, so they'll have to purchase more anyway!

With clients training an average of twice per week, you will be asking for more money close to every month!

There are more opportunities for the client to say "NO!" to continuing with you!

After converting from selling 10 Packs to selling 6 months of Personal Training, I found that clients could afford it. Some clients still paid up front (in CASH) and most clients preferred it because it matched their commitment and goal time frame.

For me, the biggest bonus was NOT having the renewal (payment) conversion as often with my clients, hence not giving them as many opportunities to say, "Thanks, but NO thanks!"

If you are a Personal Trainer out there still offering the 10 Pack as your main product, you may want to download our Ebook about Direct Debiting and how it can positively affect your cash flow.

These days I see the 10 Pack product as an "Introductory Offer" or "Special" rather than the main product.

Travis Beckley from PT Business Systems.

PT Business Systems has been created to assist new and existing Personal Trainers build profitable businesses based on proven information and systems.

With over 17 years of experience in the Fitness Industry owning and operating Personal Training studios we have decided to share our experience and successful business systems online.

For instant access to more PT Business Systems and to download our free ebook "How To Continue To Earn While Your Clients Are Away" visit http://www.ptbusinesssystems.com/


View the original article here

1 comment:

  1. It's made easier by being able to create your blogs on the move using your phone. The Google application is called Blogger and a screen shot of the smartphone application is shown below.business to sell

    ReplyDelete